Monday, December 24, 2012

Time to Set Goals for 2013

As I countdown to the end of 2012 -- not a stellar year here at the homestead -- I am contemplating the focus for 2013. Now, I know that 'New Year's Resolutions' don't last much past February (if that long) for most people. And, I'm generally part of "most people" in this case. But, I have also learned that by setting some goals to focus on, it helps to keep me focused. And, if you knew the constant ruckus that is my brain, you would know that I need to focus!

The first thing I did was go back to see how badly I did with my goals for 2012. Actually, not as bad as I expected! I was about 50/50. That may not sound great to you, but for me -- for considering the curveballs this year has tossed at me -- I consider that a roaring success! From there, we shift to 2013 and what we should focus on to get us closer to our long-term goal of reaching maximum productivity in 5 years. As I discussed back in March of this year, I am giving myself 5 years -- till 2017 -- to reach a point of productivity where I am feeding my family and having food to share with others.

For the Homestead in 2013, I have set the following goals:
  • Plant mulberries, muscadines, figs, hardy kiwi, blueberries, and strawberries
  • Plant more rugosa roses, lilacs, hazelnuts, and other hedgerow plants that also serve as fodder for the rabbits
  • Plant mixed beds of flowers, vegetables, herbs -- both around the fruit trees, along the privacy fence, and elsewhere.
  • Increase the number of laying hens to about a dozen
  • Increase size of rabbitry
  • Build a food pantry-- as much as possible from foods produced here on the homestead
  • Finish writing the eBook for Natural Feeding of Meat Rabbits
As for my personal goals:
  • Work the Get Healthy in 2013 Plan
  • Jealously protect and seek even more time for Bible reading, Bible study, prayer, worship, etc. 
  • Continue to work on blog quality and quantity
  • Finish writing the eBook entitled "WHY"
  • Try to fit in more time for crafts and reading -- some RELAXATION time...what a concept!

So, there you have it. The focus for 2013 here at the Not Quite There Yet Homestead is to try to get a little closer to "there".


2 comments:

  1. so, how are you doing on your goals for 2013?

    Just wanted to stop in and offer some encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! It's a mixed bag as expected. lol. I'll work up a blog entry to make the mid-year assessment!

      Delete