Saturday, April 23, 2011

500 Pounds of Manure...300 to go...

Yesterday and today I have moved 500 pounds of manure (in 40lb bags) from the car to the garden and spread it on the beds. I have another 300 pounds to move. I'll need more...so many beds, so little sh...manure. 800 pounds of manure cost me $25 at Walmart. I'll be glad when I have chickens and rabbits making poop for me so I don't have to pay for the sh...manure. Especially the rabbit poop...I plan to have wormbeds under the rabbit cages so the worms can take all that lovely poop and make it even better with their worm castings. Put that on the garden beds and we are talking black gold!

Mom and I planted several types of squash, sunflower seedss, and beans beans beans today. Monday, I will plant more beans and start the potatoes in their first tire. I have white potatoes and new potatoes (red) and I think I'll have enough to have two tire towers for each type if not three. Each tire tower should yield 25 pounds of potatoes if not more. 200 pounds of potatoes should provide well for the winter. We should have enough beans to feed an army! There should even be enough for me to experiment with fermenting them. Oh, that should be fun.  Oh, we also planted onions...spring onions and yellow onions. yummmm....

I could use a massage....a soak in a jucuzzi with epsom salts and then a massage....

No comments:

Post a Comment