Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stocking up Trip!!!

Mom, BJ, and I made a trip up to Wilmington today for some stocking up. Actually, our first stop was to Indigo Farms to pick to buckets of strawberries at $1 per pound. That done, off to Wilmington we went. Once in Wilmington, our first stop was a little strip mall Asian Market. All I can say is WOW! Love that place!  I could have bought half the store but controlled myself. Some of my treasured finds there are:

Black rice (2 packages)
Black sweet rice
Brown sweet rice
Brown rice
Red rice
Mixed Grain Blend
Black Sesame Seeds
Several packs of seaweed
Adzuki beans
Black beans
5 spice mix
dried Shiitake mushrooms
buckwheat noodles (soba noodles)
"Bean sauce" (Momma wanted)
Pulioare (Tamarind Rice) mix (another thing Momma wanted to try)
Roasted sweet pea snack (BJ)
2 tier bamboo steamer

Then, it was off to the Co-Op store for:
Quinoa
Amaranth
Whole Wheat flour (with germ)
Miso
Various dried beans (pinto, green lentil, black lentil)
Steel Cut Oats
2 Tier Tiffin Set (stainless steel lunch set) (still need a wide-mouth thermos for hot soup totage)
bamboo utensil set with tote to carry with...

Then, off to Sam's Club for:
Spring Greens
Gourmet lettuce
Young Spinach
big bag of Broccoli
(and other stuff....)

Last stop was to pick up a half gallon of raw goat's milk used to make kefir.  Then, home to try to find some place to store all my new goodies! Now, to figure out how to incorporate them into my diet. Oh, I'm going to have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment